The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Round Table

The website of The Round Table Guild, Fiesta

+3
morilea
_Hannah__
Daevor
7 posters

The Round Table: where to from here?

Daevor
    Admin

Number of posts : 492
    Registration date : 2008-12-03

The Round Table: where to from here? Empty The Round Table: where to from here?

Post by Daevor Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:39 am

Dear Guildies

Well, we have had some major changes recently, like: the formal introduction and implementation of the credit system; the absorption of TD; and the move to an exhibition (non-war) guild.

The question now is: where do we go from here? What do we want out of our guild? What is our vision for The Round Table?
    Yes, I say "our" vision, because, like I've repeated myself countless times: "bla bla bla, bla bla bla, where everyone's opinion counts". And now, dear guildies, is the time to voice your opinion. Post in this thread and tell me what you would like out of The Round Table. Naturally, there might not be a way forward that caters for everyone's vision of TRT, but we may be able to reach a healthy compromise. However, if you do not voice your opinion, then there is no way it can be taken in to consideration.

So rise up, dear guildies, rise up for FFRREEEEDDDOOOMMMM!!!! Oh wait, sorry, that's off-topic. I just felt so... inspired
    afro

~Daevor, The Devoted
    _Hannah__
    _Hannah__

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

The Round Table: where to from here? Empty Re: The Round Table: where to from here?

Post by _Hannah__ Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:32 am

Well a once a week war would be nice^^, I am a bit bored, and some more group activities, what use is it to form a group if you dont do them Smile. I love farming together and like training weapons, helping each other on quests, such things you can all do in groups. I know there is a bit of a reorganisition, so things arent as they normally would be, but I love the actionXD. Lets get moving, preferable forward, dont like to bump into things.
    Daevor
    Admin

The Round Table: where to from here? Empty Re: The Round Table: where to from here?

Post by Daevor Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:28 am

Aah, glad to see at least one guildie has an opinion *glares at the rest of the guildies*
    hmm group activities: sounds like an excellent idea. *glares at the rest of the guildies again*

I'd also like everyone's opinion on where TRT should be headed. For example:
    - Do we want to become a larger, or stay about the size we are now?
    - Is the credit system working for you? Should we make some changes to it, or is it a waste of time and we should abolish it completely?
    - Are we happy with how we measure up to other guilds in Bijou, or do we want to become a more powerful guild? If so, how do we achieve this: by recruiting other powerful players, or by improving ourselves (our skill level and our equips)?

Lots of questions, I know. But they are important if we want to move "forward", so that we may forge our future to our liking.
    morilea
    morilea

Number of posts : 39
    Registration date : 2009-01-05

Post by morilea Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:48 pm

My preference is for a tightly knit, social guild of mature (not meaning 'old') players who are active, silly, and forgiving.

I'm not a big fan of the credit system. Not so much because it's tough on low-level chars (it's supposed to make players prove their loyalty to teh guild, as well as generate money for their equips --> low level chars' equips are proportionately more affordable); but rather cuz I hate unnecessary restrictions and structure. (Aight, I don't like rules or being told what I can or cannae do. *stomps foot petulantly*)

And, anything we can do as a group, anytime, is awesome by me. Just don' aske me to organize it!

Happy weekend!

-Boots
    Daevor
    Admin

Post by Daevor Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:35 pm

*writes* "Guild Organizers"
    *underlines*
    1. Lady Boots
    2. ...

lol!
    LoversChild
    LoversChild

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2009-03-19

Post by LoversChild Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:16 am

Hey Hi hello How are u?,

Well i gues i typ my opinion here as well then.

I just want to have fun in a game ..... and i still have.
    It would be nice to have a war from time to time ( even i stink at pvp .... ask Eric Razz )
    I hate PK but a friendly wat i love ... just to have me a laugh over my deaths
    For the credit system .... It is a good system but..... Low lvl's have a hard time to come up with some stuff to earn credits. And now i just talk for myself .... I play about 5 weeks now also my wife and 3 kids 2 of them are 9 and 11.
    So daddy has to provide them with potions - scroll's and elrue''s
    There goes most of my mats. Causse we are low in lvl we dont get drops that are good enough to donate.
    I go out 1 day a week to get some stuff to donate. But ..... causse of my low lvl i cant go places where the good stuff grows or i die to much. It is not in the system what we can donate or not ... for example..... i did my very best to get some better stuff and hacked me some gold ore. I died 2 times doing this and when i handed in proudly my hacked goldore there where no credits causse it needed to be decomping.
    Than i heard to get me some mushies ..... but for about 250 credits i need to collect about 4 to 5 hours.
    4 to 5 hour collecting mushies ?? That is boring. But it is all i can do to make some donations. So i collect mushies and run around trying to stay alive there.
    Not that i want to complain. I now a system can get all people happy and i will become a stronger cleric soon.

Now for the good part. Daev and other admins.... U do ok !!
    In a guild not every 1 can be made totaly happy and u guy's work hard enough to try to.
    So i agree with Hannah.... a guild war or othere guild event would be nice

And keep up the good work
    Daevor
    Admin

Post by Daevor Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:44 am

Aah, great great, more opinions. *reads thoroughly, nodding here and there*

Hm, the credit system again. Perhaps it might be prudent for me to elaborate a bit on the history of TRT, and eventually the forming of the credit system, so we all understand why things are they way they are.

Once upon a time, long long ago (a little under a year ago), far far away (bijou server, Isya), a little 5x cleric named Daevor, The Devoted, suffered from separation anxiety. No, not from his mother, lol! He found it extremely difficult to part with (i.e. to sell) his good equips. He was also a tad bit OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) when it came to buying godly/+9 equips. He thus built up small collection of really good equips.
    Upon the death of the guild he was in at the time (Dragons_Wrath), he was heart-broken: the only home (guild) he had ever joined, since entering Isya for the first time in 2007, had been... wiped out. After lamenting his temporarily over-whelming loss, he vowed to build up a new home, for a family. A home in which all family members liked each other and got along well; helped each other both in terms of (virtual) physical help and sound advice; and, above all, implicitly trusted each other.

And so, The_Round_Table was formed.
    The first few members were his closest friends in game, as well as a handful of ex-DW members. In keeping with the ideals of implicit trust and helping each other, Daevor allowed his guildies to use the equips he had collected over the months. In fact, he then endeavoured to acquire more equips in line with the requirements of his guildies, and in return he asked them for whatever mats they could spare. This was a fabulously successful system. Daevor would take on mats, turn them in to scrolls/stones and sell them for money; he would then source the equips (either from the open market or from the forums) that his guildies needed; the guildies would then collect the equips as they needed them, and would continue to bring Daevor more mats. (To give you an idea of the mats supplied by just 1 person, Daevor had to create 3 accounts just for stone mats because Happy Holly filled up the storage accounts so quickly.)

Daevor spent many hours behind storage making stones/scrolls and decomping mats (which led to the birth of "The Spot"), and though, at first, he considered it merely "time-consuming" and happily sacrificed his time for the good of his guildies all of whom he loved very much, it eventually become "taxing", more so than he could bear. By this time, the guild had grown somewhat, and some members stopped contributing, while others basically never did, yet everyone was still happily using equips from Daevor's collection.

Freeing up some time for himself was Daevor's first priority. Thus the production accounts were created, and each production skill was assigned to an admin. The three most important production skills (scrolls, stones and decomp) were given to his most dependable admins (excluding First Knight, for she had other duties). And then Daevor turned his attention to the guild equips. He posted on the website, at first giving subtle, and then not-so-subtle hints that while there is no "obligation" on any individual to give mats to the guild, the system will otherwise not be sustainable. Alas, for post after post yielded no results. A small core of people were contributing and working really hard to keep things running, but the majority were skimming along on the hard work of a few.

And thus Daevor, after consulting with his wise admins, developed the credit system. The sole purpose of the credit system is to ensure the growth and improvement of the guild equips, for the benefit of the guildies. In addition to this, quite a few factors were taken into consideration as to how this system can and does ease the life of the average player, for example:
    1. Many players don't know the market value of an equip, so when purchasing it on the open market, how do they know if they're getting a bargain, or even if they're being ripped off?
    2. Many players don't want to spend time on producing items (scrolls/stones/pots) to make money so they can buy equips. (Also note scrolls and pots can be purchased from the guild using credit)
    3. Many players are not able to leave their shrooms vending, and are thus not capable of securing an income for themselves.

And so the credit system was born. As the ultimate goal of the credit system is to expand and the improve the guild equips, earning credit must then either directly or indirectly help achieve this goal. Directly, by giving godly and/or +9 equips to the guild, or indirectly, by giving mats to the guild that can be turned in to profitable, saleable items. Hence no credit is given for, for example, t1 scroll mats, as t1 scrolls is not a significantly profitable market. Also, no credit is given for mats which we can easily obtain an abundant amount of, for example t2/t3 meat and spirit fruit (otherwise guildies will end up with a huge amount of credit, but the guild can't actually make any money from the mats they gave because we don't have the rare ingredients, like SoT).

And in terms of the credit required to rent an equip, it is 20% the market value if the equip in silver, for example: if, say, a level 46 fighter hat is worth 300s, 60cr is required to rent it. This means that only after 5 people have rented the equip will it be "paid for". This value was chosen carefully: had it been less than 20% and we'll soon run in to the situation where people have built up a huge excess of credit and there are no equips for them to rent, and had it been any more than 20% it would simply be too expensive and guildies are better off buying their own equips instead of participating in the guild equips program.

It is, of course, more difficult to get hold of the mats that earn credit at the lower levels, but at the same time it is similarly difficult to build up enough gold to buy godly and/or +9 equips. If it costs about 3g~3.5g for a decent level 30 +9 weapon, it'll cost 600cr~700cr to rent the same equip. It does require a lower level player to dedicate some time to farming mats for the guild, but it would likely have been completely out of said players monetary power to acquire such an item in any case. So while the credit system makes it a bit easier for guildies to use good equips, it does not hand it to them on a silver platter - some effort from guildies is still required.

At 4x, the only easily farmed mats are violets and t2/t3 toadstools, and t2 dusts. Note that the credit earned for violets and toadstools have recently been increased to help the lower level players build up their credit.

Wow, this post is longer than I initially envisioned. Thanks to those who actually read all of it Razz

Take care, dear guildies,
    ~Daevor, The Devoted

ps: I haven't proof read any of this, so please excuse the typos and incoherent thoughts

EDIT: Okies, so there were 3 typos/errors I fixed. Sorry if I missed anything.

Last edited by Daevor on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:29 am; edited 3 times in total
    Mo
    Mo
    Admin

Number of posts : 474
    Registration date : 2008-12-29

Post by Mo Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:11 am

Well... My wants are a little contradictory ...

I wish to be on the same standing of the big guilds, but at the same time I don't want to be as big as them.

I want a knit tight group of persons, not to big, not to small, that can count on each other, trust other, have each other back and spend a good time together...

I want TRT to be recognised as a worthy guild by all Bijou, I want not them to be affraid of us, but wary enough to think twice before spawn killing a guildie in abysses

I'm very big on fairness, I like the the credit system. I don't want to slave myself trying to gain money, for on one hand equip all my alts and one the other donate to the guild, while others are equipped without lifting a finger
    LoversChild
    LoversChild

Post by LoversChild Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:10 am

I Agree with the 2 comments just above me. Nothing comes from nothing and we all have to work for good armors and weapons. i did not mean to offend any 1 with comments i just was typing my thougths.

I would be more happy being a lvl 52 for 3 months having a lot of fun in the game / guild than grow up very fast without having any fun.

I even think this is a very cosy and nice guild .... look at the 2 storage guilds i made myself called Lovers-TRT.NL and TRT-Lovers.NL. This shows i will be here in this guild for a long long time. I like to help out where i can.

I did not say the credit system is not good. I love the way u thougth this out. I just mentioned it was hard for a low lvl to reach the point to enter the list of stuff he or she can rent in the future. Low lvl's and starters need to swich their armors and weapons very fast. Till lvl 40 / 50 u need to swich a lot of weapons and other gears to match ur lvl and be strong enough not to die to much. So they cant donate a lot of things in the guild. Low lvl's dont find the armor and weapons that bring some good credits.

I think that when people can see what they can rent the motivation to work some harder to rent it will go up.
    At a crdit point of 1500 it is alowed to look in the list and at 2500 it is alowed to rent.
    Why not at 500 credits let them enter the list of rentable stuff? This way people can dream of the goodies that waits for them if they do their best. This way they now why they keep picking mushies and hack copper / silver for hours and hours.

And believe me when i say .... i don't want to comment to much ... i just think loud here .... as for me i am reaching the point i can get some better stuff.
    And i have started to now some people better in our little game family. People now some of my noobies i hop around with. My decomper and so on. So i give my opinion but i am still at my place with u all.
    MakeMyDay
    MakeMyDay

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Post by MakeMyDay Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:55 am

Well I haven't been so loud anymore lately, have been thinking about many things. First is this... I like this guild like it is now, mature people, most of em are friendly, entertaining and make me feel like home. Some are distant, I don't know em too well (at least yet) and some make me feel they really don't want to even talk to me. It is okay, we don't have to, but I know this would maybe go even worse if we grow fast, be bigger guild where we don't know each others so well anymore. Like Mo said, everyone should be able to feel "safe", be able to trust on other guildies and feel that they trust on you too.

I know I can not feel like home in big guild. But in the other hand, where Tuke feels like home, I do too. He is the light of my life, and when he is not happy, I can not be either. So if he choses to leave, I follow my heart. I rather be guildless than separated from him. Seeing him feeling like ignored and an outsider makes my heart bleed.

Cedits... well. I understand really well WHY the system was created. I understand really well how you have "built" it, and it works ok I guess. The thing here is this. I want to get my own production skills up too, so I need most of my mats my self. Not complaining tho, we have nice credits earned by now, and only char using guild equips anymore is Make My... I think I am ok with that. Lil by lil I get her on her own too. Then I don't need to stress with the donation timelines anymore.

About group activities. I like em, I can't deny that. But wars are absolutely out of question for me. Lic training, group farming or questing together goes well for me, but I really want stay out from pvp situations. They make me freak out, and everyone here this far has seen what happens next.

I'm not too eager to bring my "ideas" out now, I need to know what Tuke wants to do next. If he wants to leave, I will follow him. Things have been abit uncomfortable lately for both of us, so we try to stay back and just look what is happening. We hate complaining too much, but it is hard to pretend being happy if you are not.

So many things are so well in here, I'd like to thank about those things... great equips for us to rent, friends in here, great organized and well working guild indeed. Equality... I guess so. I really am not sure what to say now. I wait for the possible changes. I can not tell if I like em or not before they happen. So I keep waiting.

Peace and Love.

-Sissy
    Daevor
    Admin

Post by Daevor Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:55 am

"Why not at 500 credits let them enter the list of rentable stuff? This way people can dream of the goodies that waits for them if they do their best."
    Hm. Good idea, good idea.

"and some make me feel they really don't want to even talk to me... Things have been abit uncomfortable lately for both of us"
    Intra-guild relations are important for us to become and stay a "happy" guild. I'm not sure how we are going to improve this, but your point has been noted and will be taken up. If anyone has suggestions on this, please feel free to propose them.
    LoversChild
    LoversChild

Post by LoversChild Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:06 am

I want a knit tight group of persons, not to big, not to small, that
    can count on each other, trust other, have each other back and spend a
    good time together... (This is what Mo said and i mentiont before)

The bigger guild the harder it will be to pleasse all members and keep peace - love and understanding between all members. I think if we do our best to stay kind and decent to all it will be a guild that is worth staying in and figthing for. I'll try.....
    Stone_cold_soul
    Stone_cold_soul

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Stone_cold_soul Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:35 am

Yep. Guild dosent feel like "home" anymore. I feel like I was left behind the front door. And nobody hears what I try to say. But it doesent matter I can always hide chatbox and continue soloing my guests. My post in art topik tells exacly how I feel now if u haven't noticed it. Like Sissy said I don't like to complain things but at somepoint I can't just take it anymore then I say something evil and really meaned it. Usually I just logoff and do something else but I feel like shit for long time and I haveto apologize my behavior for my kids and Sissy and it makes me feel even more shit becourse I get upsett by some stupid game and ppls in it.

So just ignore this post and do what ever u want.
    Daevor
    Admin

Post by Daevor Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:04 am

Perhaps my logic is flawed, but if everyone is saying that everyone else is ignoring them, or making them feel uncomfortable, then it seems that everyone is ignoring everyone else, including those who are saying it!

Well, the point of this thread is to find out what the guildies would like changed in the guild, and the feedback has been quite pertinent thus far. Clearly, we need to work on the intra-guild relationships, and that is the primary purpose of the Hide & Seek and The Amazing Race events (see Guild Events section of the website). So go ahead and sign up: it promises to be fun Fun FUN! If there are any other suggestions as to how we can improve intra-guild relationships (short of becoming a dating service Razz) go ahead and suggest them.
    Stone_cold_soul
    Stone_cold_soul

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Stone_cold_soul Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:20 am

Yes I have been ignoring other ppls becoure it useless to talk empy walls. And I have balls to say it!
    _Hannah__
    _Hannah__

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

Post by _Hannah__ Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:23 pm

well I dont think t hat is true, some of uss havent been ignoring people and are having lots of fun together. But to have fun you need to participate in it, and not go stand by the side lines. Of course there should be enough attention for the people wich are a litlle more quiet, but you have your own responsibility in it too. I do not ignore people, and I think it that counts for a lot of us, but sometimes you dont read guild chat cause your chatting somewhere else for example, one shouldnt think right away that people ignore one another on purpose, cause mostly they dont, or at least to talk for myself I dont. If I dont respond you can always whisper me.

Dont judge someone else untill you got proof, cause by doing that, you get judged by other people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:04 am