The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Round Table

The website of The Round Table Guild, Fiesta

4 posters

Moving on...

Daevor
    Admin

Number of posts : 492
    Registration date : 2008-12-03

Moving on... Empty Moving on...

Post by Daevor Fri May 08, 2009 2:56 am

Dearest guildies

If you don't know yet, I have handed over the guild to Lady Boots, and am no longer in TRT. Please give her the respect she deserves and has earned. Please take care of them, Lady Boots.

Please don't ask me for my reasons, I have had to do this twice (thank you, OS, for the roll-back, you sadistic people, you! *points*), and have no desire to indulge myself in the raw emotions any time soon.

I wish you all the best of luck; I now go to find my own path.

As I did in guild chat yesterday, I leave you with this little poem (also the theme song of Prince Valiant), that I hope shall be my legacy.

"A whisper in my ear,
    a voice so strong and clear.
    Upon this beach I see, a million grains sand.
    I believe we are destined, bound to survive against all odds.
    Out where the truth lies, I will follow,
    out beyond this barren surround, I cry without a sound.
    Out where the truth lies, I will, follow my eyes, into the sun."

Good bye, dear guildies. Take care.

Last edited by Daevor on Fri May 08, 2009 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Asian4Life
    Asian4Life

Number of posts : 229
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Moving on... Empty Re: Moving on...

Post by Asian4Life Fri May 08, 2009 2:58 am

NOOOOOOOOO!!!HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!!D:
    Elemental_Charmer

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Elemental_Charmer Fri May 08, 2009 9:54 am

AHHHHH!!!!!! >.< NO!!!!!! this can't be!!!!!!! >.> "Daevor" <.<
    Athemis
    Athemis

Number of posts : 214
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Post by Athemis Sun May 10, 2009 3:04 am

Aw Daev, we're all sad to see you go. You were a great guild master, and you'll be missed.
    Daevor
    Admin

Number of posts : 492
    Registration date : 2008-12-03

Post by Daevor Sun May 10, 2009 9:29 am

So, a few days have passed, and time has taken the edge off the raw emotions I have due to leaving TRT. I feel I am now able to divulge my reasons for leaving TRT, as you all have been bugging me about it. Neutral

You see, I love TRT. Very, very much. And I care about all TRT's guildies very very much as well. So much so, in fact, that it is actually "too" much. And that is the problem. I feel as if I have been "sucked dry" by my devotion to TRT and its guildies. I feel burnt out. As Bilbo Baggins said: "I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter, scraped over too much bread."

I hope you can now understand why I left, and forgive me for seemingly deserting you, but, as you can see, I had no choice.

Now I know you might be thinking: why not give Mastership to Lady Boots and still stay in TRT? But we all know I would still have been the de facto Guild Master, and nothing would have changed. And thus my only option was to hand the guild over to Lady Boots and leave for another guild.

So far my time in NoMercy has been quite enjoyable. I'm about the 4th or 5th lowest level char in the guild, and my game knowledge is a pitiful fraction of that compared many of the NM guildies. I feel like a real noob compared to them, and I'M LOVING IT! Very Happy I am looking forward to learning so much from them.

Yesterday I was in duo with DemonEyeKyo (aka kyo/DEK, currently the GM of NM), and let me tell you: that guy is insane! Insane, but also insanely brilliant. He's able to solo 30+ gargoyles without extenders and charms affraid Suddenly I'm considering not retiring Sodan anymore (Wink
    Wink My loda). lol, now I'm going a little off-topic, but as you can see, I'm happy and excited in NM.

As Bilbo Baggins has also said: "It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to." I am keeping my feet, I hope you all keep your feet too, dear guildies.

EDIT: Oh, I just realized DEK used hp extender, but no charms.

Last edited by Daevor on Mon May 11, 2009 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Asian4Life
    Asian4Life

Number of posts : 229
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Post by Asian4Life Sun May 10, 2009 11:49 am

DEK ftw ("\(0.0)/") Hmmm maybe il annoying him to invite me to nomercy..hehehe....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:11 am